Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Be still and know that I am God.

Well, it's been way too long since I've posted anything so here goes.  Instead of boring you to tears with the nitty gritty details of the adoption paperwork process, I thought I would give a glimpse into the emotional side of adoption.  When we were starting the process, someone told us it'll be a ride of highs and lows but at the end you'll look back and say,  "that wasn't so bad now was it."  Kind of like pregnancy and labor but this one will continue not for just 40 weeks but 23 months.  That's right, 23 months is the current wait time in Ethiopia once your dossier is submitted.  That's a lot of waiting but God has been showing me how much I need to grow in this area.  Day by day, Emmalyn is teaching me patience as only a 21 month old bundle of energy can.   I'm thankful for my daughter and the lessons she teaches me every day.   I probably need 23 months to be refined by the Lord through teachable moments every day to practice patience and humor when things aren't going quite like you hoped. 

As of October 1, we have been officially on the wait list for our little girl.  Just the completion of the paperwork process (we still have one more form to send in) was a huge relief and weight off my shoulders.  The waiting process will be long and hard, but for now I'm content to "Be still and know that I am God."  God has a plan and will work it all out in His perfect timing.  In the coming months as emotions run high and low, I hope to reflect on this time of contentment as we eagerly await the arrival of our daughter. 


I wanted to share a prayer I recorded in my journal.  


"I praise you for the plan that you have in place now for her.  I pray for her birthfamily.  Protect her and them as she is conceived, born, and lives on the other side of the globe.  I pray that you, God, would orchestrate events so we could meet her birthparents.  Open up doors for the gospel to be shared with them.  Thank you for demonstrating adoption to us first as we are adopted as sons and daughters into your family through Jesus."  



 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, Katie! Those are lessons we can all learn and relearn. Thanks for the reminder. I needed that now.

    ReplyDelete